Diversity and Inclusion
These are just some of the resources we are starting with, please add to the conversation by sending us what you are reading. We also want to note that we don’t necessarily endorse everything these links say, but they are voices that should be heard.
Contact Us if you have suggestions for this page or ways to help improve diversity and inclusion in the WAC.
Here are a few ideas how you can take action now via The Access Fund (read their full statement here The Access Fund):
- VOTE. We all need to make sure we are registered to vote in the upcoming election. We can make a difference by electing people who stand with the Black community in the fight for justice. Find out if you are registered to vote and get more information on supporting the Black Lives Matter movement.
- Educate ourselves. The amount of quality material on systemic racism in America is vast. Here’s a list of anti-racism resources to start with. We think this piece from the Avarna Group hits on the important connection between the Black Lives Matter movement and protection of public lands. You can also check out this blog post JEDI 101 for Climbers, which Taimur wrote just last month.
- Support movements for justice, whether by your presence at a protest, by donating, or by contacting your legislators to demand change and accountability.
- Both in person and in our online presence, we should amplify and prioritize the voices of those on the front lines and those whose voices have historically been repressed. Listen to what they have to say.
- Critically examine our own behavior. We all have biases, and it is a never-ending—and very worthwhile—struggle to make sure we as individuals are doing all we can to live up to JEDI principles in our own everyday actions.