The Washington Alpine Club hosts virtual events for members and non-members. A list of posts about upcoming and recent events is below. Click on the title of events you are interested in to find sign-up details.
You should also subscribe to the mailing list
Many of the events are organized on our page at stream.club
You can add this Google Calendar to your own Google calendar to keep the upcoming virtual events at your finger tips:
WAC Virtual Event Cal
Latest Virtual Events
- How to Enjoy and Protect the Outdoors in 2020Join us for an evening with Betsy Robblee and Taldi Harrison two of our talented members who work on emerging federal regulatory and legislative issues that affect the outdoors. During this session they will discuss how their respective organizations advocate for recreationalists, and the background and importance of recreating responsibly during the pandemic. The session will be an hour followed by a Q&A session. Betsy Robblee (WAC Basic 2017) is the Conservation and Advocacy Director at the Mountaineers. As the Conservation and Advocacy Director, Betsy leads The Mountaineers conservation and advocacy programming, including driving partnerships, executing advocacy campaigns and communications, …
- Amber Casali – Author of Hiking Washington’s Fire Lookouts and Kevin Fujii – Pulitzer Prize winning photojournalistJoin us for an evening with two of our talented members who connect closely with the outdoors for work and pleasure. Amber Casali (WAC Basic Class 2014) is the author of Hiking Washington’s Fire Lookouts, published by Mountaineers Books in 2018. She will take us on a virtual hike to learn about fire lookout history and what went into researching the 44 lookouts included in the book. Kevin Fujii (WAC Basic Class 2012), is a Pulitzer Prize winning photojournalist and photo editor. He is a four-time Olympic Games photographer and covered other high-profile sporting events including the Super Bowl, World …
- Improve Your Ski Performance and Reduce InjuriesAre you getting excited for ski season? We are too! In preparation for the POW, we have an awesome opportunity for you to get your body ready and help prevent those potential injuries. This event will be presented by two experienced physical therapists, Grant Hennington (https://www.salmonbaypt.com/grant-hennington, WAC BCC ’16) and Mandie Majerus (US Ski Team PT, https://www.lakewashingtonpt.com/mandie-majerus). They will show you how to evaluate, prepare and condition your body for the ski season. In this session, Grant and Mandie will demo exercises and introduce their multi-week exercise program for you to lead up to ski season. They will also share new …
- WAC Virtual EventsThese unprecedented times call for a new way of WAC-ing! As you may know the Backcountry and Basic Climbing classes for the 2021 year have been canceled and though we are saddened by the loss of opportunity to engage with folks through fresh skills, we have decided to invest our time and energy into our current members. That’s you! All Co-chairs across all WAC classes are working together for the first time in WAC history to provide club-wide events constructed to engage with all members virtually during COVID. If you are interested in continuing to learn and socialize with us in this new way, outside of the …
- December 8, 2020
- How to Protect the Outdoors
7:00 pmHow to Protect the Outdoors
Time: 7:00 pm
Join us for an evening with Betsy Robblee and Taldi Harrison two of our talented members who work on emerging federal regulatory and legislative issues that affect the outdoors. During this session they will discuss how their respective organizations advocate for recreationalists, and the background and importance of recreating responsibly during the pandemic. The session will be an hour followed by a Q&A session. Betsy Robblee (WAC Basic 2017) is the Conservation and Advocacy Director at the Mountaineers. Taldi Harrison (WAC Basic 2017, Backcountry 2017) is the Government & Community Affairs Manager at REI.