Red Rocks NV in October

Washington Alpine Club Forums Trips Red Rocks NV in October

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Summer is about to begin in the North Cascades, but it is not too soon to book airfare and lodging for a chance to top up the vit-D before winter sets in.

My wife and I are off to Red Rocks in Nevada to spend a few days in October. We will fly down on the evening of October 3 (Alaska 604), and back on the morning of October 8 (Alaska 611) in time to get to work. We are staying out at the La Quinta on west Sahara Ave.

We will have a car and it looks like we will have room for a couple more in the back seat if your flights align.

We will be hanging out in the moderate route neighborhoods, and would love to share ropes/routes/leads. Come on down and play on the sandstone. Climb lots of short routes. Climb long hard routes. Just get out of the park before they close the gate.

Participant

Hey Mike,

I’m interested in this, Especially if I can find a partner to consistently climb with (that is, I wouldn’t want to be #3 in a pairing of 2 and split the amount of climbing you can do). I’ve started ramping up on sport and while I can’t say for sure, I think I’ll be able to lead <=5.9 by October (maybe some 5.10).

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.